Start of Summer Shanninigans

Well, dear bloggers, it's been quite a while. So what is happening in the world of Dalton? Three words .... Work, Work, WORK!! I suppose I shouldn't complain in the economic climate in which we live in and all that jazz.

But I have still found time to take a look at the reading list for my college course next year..... bad idea. Ulysses is number three on the list of 17 texts .... Shoot me now! But on the upside Ian McEwan's 'Atonement' is also listed, which isn't a bad book, though I think the film did it more justice than it deserved.

I have also found time in my busy work schedule to fit in some light reading in the form of Jane Austin's 'Emma', which is purely perfect. Although Emma clearly has her faults, and borders on sickeningly shallow with regards to her attitudes towards personal attributes and love in general, the book is a great escape from the hustle and bustle of exam stress which has taken over my house. You see the sis is doing her Leaving Cert, which is code for enduring child cruelty at the hands of nitwit governmental examiners whose goal in life is to trick smart kids and ruin their lives. Doesn't it sound like such fun.....

But, despite the exam related stress and the narky customers which have come to make up my summer life, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. On Monday, I jet off to (not so sunny ... grrr) Germany to meet up with a lovely friend who I haven't seen in two years!! Sooooo excited!!!! So, lots of glasses of wine at sunset and discovering of German cities is on the cards for the next two weeks. Will keep you all updated, no doubt there will be lots to talk about :-)

Til then.

0 comments: