The stresses of life

Oh the stress of life! I thought I was doing so well today. I have taken lately to making heaps of lists in order to keep on top of everything I have to do, from deadlines, to reading for lectures, to shopping lists. And today I had my lil list ready to pack my bag for the weekend home from Uni. I had a lot of stuff to remember, and I was feeling so good that I had it all organised and ready to go.


I decided to go and do a bit of shopping first, maybe get myself a nice pair of heels, and get birthday presents for a friend or two. I was standing in 'The Body Shop', admiring a lovely cupcake shaped bath ball, loving life and the fact that for once I was being asked 'would you like any help', and then it hits me, like someone just whacked me in the face with a really big frying pan ......... a frying pan displaying the words 'you forgot your purse, YOU IDIOT!!'. My lovely lil flowery purse was sitting on my coffee table in my sitting room, a good 40 minutes from where I was standing.

And if it couldn't get any worse, I was parked in a multi-story car park ..... I currently owe the lovely security guard 50 cent .... the shame!! Moral of the story, don't get cocky thinking that you have everything organised. More than likely, you have forgotten the most obvious thing, and you are about to look like a complete knob.

0 comments: