If It's Too Good To Be True, Then Logically ......

You know the saying 'if it's too good to be true, it usually is'. Why don't we humans take note of such sayings? We would save ourselves a lot of hassle.

I had my beautiful little Micra stolen from me about two months ago. A nightmare. But out of that nightmare came what I thought was a little ray of pretty blue sunshine in the form of a lovely 2003 Fiat Punto for an incredibly good price. It had recently passed its NCT, had tax, and seemed, as I said above, too good to be true for the price. I am a sucker for a bargain, to my own detriment. I had a few problems with the power steering pump a few weeks after buying it, which I had replaced and 'fixed'. Problem solved, right? Wrong!

Last night I donned the loose clothing and headed off excitedly to my first yoga class. It was a little drive away as it is in the town that I work in rather than live in for convenience sake, due to me being there more than I am home. I stopped off at a post office in a little town along the way, and hopped back into the car full of thoughts of the impending action of standing on my head and my attempts at describing that in this blog, when 'too good to be true' decided to hit me really hard. I put the car into reverse, locked hard on the wheel to turn out, and 'PHEW', something in the wheel blew. Suddenly the wheel went so heavy I could hardly move it an inch, the red wheel light on the dash came on, and any chance of me getting out of the spot let alone to yoga class went out the window.

The high capped boy racers in their zooped up bangers next to me must have thought I was insane as they watched me hit the wheel numerous times with quite substantial force while screaming 'FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK' at the top of my lungs. I then turned to them when I noticed them staring at me and shouted 'WHAT???'. They knew to back off. This was a woman highly scorned.

Numerous calls to the mechanic and a neighbour from heaven later I now find myself at home, 6 miles from the nearest shop, with (most disastrously and to the shock of my boss) no way of getting to work until the 'Rents come home from their elongated siesta in the Puerto Rican sunshine on Friday, unless the mechanic can save the day. But not to fear on the company side! I have two dogs, two cats, 8 hens, 6 chicks and a rooster named Roy to chat to (great listeners the lot of them. Terrible advice givers).

For now, I sit, drink coffee, and hope the mechanic won't have to endure the wrath of a woman scorned. At least a lesson was learned; If it's too good to be true, then it isn't true, its a big fat ball of stress disguised as truth .... Duh. Silly Amy.

Slán.


0 comments: