Movies and Memories

How amazing are the old movies?? They just done make them like they used to.

I have recently found the magic of the TCM channel. At the moment I am watching Easter Parade with Fred Astaire and Judy Garland, I mean how could you get better? Amazing dance routines, fantastic singing, and men who were real gentlemen, what more would anyone want? Seven Brides For Seven Brothers, My Fair Lady, you got any others?

Ye I have to say, the 3D movies are mind blowing, Avatar was superb and such a leap in movie production. But you gotta look at the celebrity culture to see how talentless some celebrities are. I mean what disearnable talent does Paris Hilton have? Or the Playboy Girls? You simply have to look good to be famous thes days...... (oh I sound so old....).

Anyway onto the memories aspect, there is this amazing advert on Irish tv at the moment for Dennys, who are an Irish company who do cold meats and feed such as rashers, sausages and pudding (perfect for a sunday morning). But anyway it shows a family at christmas, take a look at the link below. Just press watch, I dare anyone to not well up a little bit at the memories of their christmas with their parents or children.

http://www.denny.ie/real-people.aspx

When I watched it I started to think back to my christmas with my family. When I think of all the presents i used to get, the sitting room was a christmas wonderland for me and my sister. We were spoiled rotten really. And of course there was always one big present. I remember a bike I got one year, it was purple and just perfect, and another year I got a pram for my dolls, again purple..... I had a thing for purple lol.

Its amazing how things change. No special man comes to the house anymore, sniff, and our Christmas Day is spent in pjs watching movies and eating left-overs from the christmas dinner the night before (dad works christmas day now so we have it the night before now). Its different but just as good. We get to spend time together, and christmas becomes more about thinking about your family others who have less rather than presents, I quite like it like that.

Anyway, 8 sleeps til christmas morning. Hope everyone enjoys their christmas week :-).

0 comments: