Marching on with Spring

                                                     


With Spring comes that dillemma of Mother's day. I usually hate holidays like Mother's day, as I never know what to get for my Mother, as she is slightly fussy. She doesnt wear jewellery, she thinks flowers are a waste of money as they dont last long, she thinks chocolates are overpriced, and I couldnt just get her a bottle of wine, not personal enough. Luckily enough, my lovely Mummy understood my dilemma. So when out shopping the other day, she solved my lil problem.

Mom - 'I am going to give you a hint for what I want for Mother's day'

Me - 'fantastic, go on'

Mom - 'there is a small greenhouse for sale in town, I want that'

Me - ' subtle mom, real subtle'

I have no idea how I didnt think of it before! Its perfect for her. It also means lovely tomatoes and strawberries for us to enjoy later on in the year .... mmmmm.....

At the moment both her any my dad are executing the mission impossible of rotivating the vegetable patch, nightmare! But it does mean that we are on our way to lovely potatoes and beans again, plus there are plans to extend the patch. We will be veggie mad by the end of the season :-)

Also, it appears we have a broody hen. Roy (our rooster) has discovered his libido in the past month, and he now has his pick of the 12 hens around him. It does appear that he has a lil girlfriend who devotedly follows him from morning to night, from one scratching spot to another, and she stands and adores him as he views his vast estate of half an acre from the top of his pile of woodchips, now that's love!! ;-) We have noticed that  his lil girlfriend is refusing to leave her eggs these days without a good fight. Of course we are thrilled with the prospect of lil chicks running around, but with it comes pressure from my Mom to get my Dad to build the maternity wing, another addition to the ever growing list of tasks for the poor man to complete ha.

Plus the weather lately is stunning, and more and more people are taking to the green areas of college, sitting on the grass with cups of tea and ice creams, basking in the sunshine. I always thought that if Ireland had better weather, if it had more sunshine, no person would ever want ot leave here. It would be a pretty perfect country .... minus the R word of course, we will just pretend its not happening .... lalalalalala.

0 comments: