Lazy Day Gone Wrong


Isnt it typical that when you finally get what you have spent soooo long waiting for, you wish you didnt have it, and you want something else? I was always the type of person that looked forward to, for example, my birthday party, and needless to say, come the day of the party, it came nowhere near the high expectations that I set for it. I had a disgusting flashback of those sorts of disappointing days of childhood yesterday.

As I am heading off to spend next Friday night screaming and shouting ridiculously at 4 grown men in matching outfits on the O2 stage in Dublin (Westlife ... I know, sorta sad.... but you know the songs are catchy, dont try and deny it ;-) ), anyway I took the Saturday after off. My boss kindly gave me the Sunday before (ie yesterday) off too as part of my week's holidays which I am due. I was sooooo excited to have a Sunday off, a chance to lie in and do nothing for the day, the first chance I had gotten to do this since Christmas.

So I got up, my lovely Dad made a fry, we gave the Mother her green house for mother's day, and as I sat down in front of the TV in my pjs a terrible realisation occured. Everybody else had things to do that day. Conclusion ; I was left alone for the day. I took a positive attitude to this, and duely lazed on the couch watching Star Trek (yes I'm a sorta trekkie) which I never get to watch when the sis is around, and I played the piano (which turned itself off after 10 minutes and then refused to turn back on, typical), and then I sang as I did the dishes as nobody was around to hear me. After the half hour it took to do all this, I found myself .... How do I say this in a very gripping and Enlglish-student-type way? ..... BORED!!!! So bloody bored!!! I was that bad I wished I was in work, I even contemplated starting Ulysses!!

Typical isnt it, the minture you get what you want, all you want it what you left behind. Moral of the story children ..... Dont let yourself get busy, that way you will never get stuck with that problem of not knowing what to do with free time ;-)

0 comments: