Royal Weddings, Ray Darcy and a Rooster

I felt it was time for another blog entry, Its looking a lil forgotten lately.

I know most people must be sooooo sick of hearing about it by this point, but I simply couldnt do a blog entry without mentioning the blushing Bride of the year and her Prince Charming (quite literally). Of course, didnt Kate Midleton just look picture perfect as she strolled, relatively calmly I must say, up that ridiculously long isle. I just hope the poor girl had comfortable heels on. The dress, as many have said before me, was the classiest interpretation of a timeless piece that anyone could have imagined, and I really cannot see someone looking back at it in 30 years and thinking badly of it.

As regards to the ceremony, I have to reluctantly say that I missed the entire thing as I was driving home from college. But I did here some of it (the main parts) on Today FM, where Mairead Farrell and Ray Darcy were giving a very entertaining running commentary. This commentary mainly consisted of Ray constantly repeating that he must regain his manhood by means of a beer and a good scream at the rugby match on the weekend, while Mairead shushed him only to replace his complaining with her sniffing and awwwwing. As funny as this was, and I am ashamed to say, that when the vows were being said (keep in mind I could only hear them and not see them), and as Mairead's sniffing got louder, I found myself throwing a slight sniff or two into the barrel ....... Ah come on people, its a nice ending to nice story.....

Anyway, as regards to life outside of dreams of finding Prince Charming, life at the Dalton's is relatively normal. Exams are coming up, essays are due in (as you can see from my presence here I am duely stressed), and Mom is being Mom. She arrived in the back door this morning after collecting the eggs to announce joyfully that one of our new batch of hens is sitting on what looks like a substantial amount of eggs. (The poor hen spent her days hiding behind the trailer from our testosterone-filled rooster Roy, but it seems he got his way in the end). So we should be welcoming a convoy of new chicks in approx. 20 days. Will post pics when they arrive.

Hope everyone had a good bank holiday weekend :-)

0 comments: