Bangkok Day Seven; Signing and Shopping

Another mad day. Never been so active! I swear if I don't lose at least 10 pounds on this trip it will be as a result of the amount of rice I am eating counteracting the buckets of sweat I am shedding. It is so lovely and cool in the hotel with the air con up full at usual, but the minute you go outside the wall of heat just hits you. Ten minutes and you are dripping.

Although, despite the lack of comfort outside, I had a good day. A lesson on Thai culture began the day, with some light on some interesting aspects of Thai culture and education. This was followed by the long contract signing. It involved about 70 pages, where a signature was required on every single one. But, despite the ache in the hand, I was thrilled coming out. I am no longer unemployed! Its a really great feeling knowing I am finally doing what I want, and I am doing it in sunshine!

A good shopping spree was in order after all these formalities and signing, and myself and a few of the girls on the training week headed off to a local weekend market. I wish I had brought my camera with me to show you all, but it was just fantastic. Literally anything you want, from clothes to food to homewares to gifts to pets were here. I spent a lot for Thailand, but came out with stuff that I would have paid 6 times more for at home. I finally have clothes which are suitable for teaching in this heat, and living in this heat, and they are so colourful and new and cheap! What more could a girl want?

0 comments: