Is That Snow I See?

Happy Christmas everyone!

No, I havent lost my mind, or acquired a time machine. It is Christmas Day in the Dalton household! With my imminent departure from the continent tomorrow, the Mother has decided that Christmas Day will not be missed and we are all celebrating today instead. As we speak the turkey is roasting in the oven, the wine is mulling on the hob, Bing is crooning in the corner, and the kitchen smells of spiced cinnamon from the Yankee Candle on the island. Even the sunset is on our side and has decided to put on a breathtaking display of colour. Its perfection.

As tomorrow approaches, the expected nerves and desperate blubbering and panic have not arrived. Instead, its more an atmosphere of calm and relaxation mixed with excitement and anticipation. Not to mention the OCD-related joy of looking at a perfectly packed suitcase. Nothing beats that really ;-). When it comes to walking through the departure gates it may be a different atmosphere .... I hate airports on good days ... but I suppose its just another hurdle to overcome, another experience to learn from, like the numerous I have learnt from so far in my hop across the globe.

So tomorrow I leave on a jet plane, dont know when I'll be back again. Next time I write, I will be in Bangkok Thailand.

0 comments: