Passed the point of no return

"We've passed the point of no return" ..... grrr i will be singing that song for the rest of the day now.

But it had to be said. Now this morning when i was thinking of what to write for today's blog, that sentence only really applied to me. You see I have my final exam of the current semester at half 9 tomorrow morning, and needless to say that taking in the fact that my course spans 350 years of history and the entire continent of Europe, along with the slight problem of the absense of a single hint from our cruel lecturer, that I am well and truly schizzled (well it is a family friendly blog). But funny enough, I dont care. I should care, god kows my precious life plan is slighty schizzzled too if I fail, but I think at this point I have stressed so much, and worried so much, that I have created a worry and stress free Amy, one that is past the point of saving. Magnificent.

Along with the fact that my head cannot hold any more dates of treaties or names of Popes, that explains why I am wasting my time on this anyway. Now onto why this "point of no return " thing not only applies to me.

Well I try keep this blog absent of any major political or generally disasterous or distressing realities, but whats about to come next I dont believe falls into that catagory, for it is simply too pathetic and comical to be taken seriously. If we took this seriously, I think we would all die of depression and loss of hope in society, and thats not good now is it. So here it is ; Brian Cowen is not stepping down as leader of this fine country, and will confidently hold a vote of confidence on his applicability to the position of Taoiseach in light of the unaviodable actions which he took in the best interest of the country while in a situation of high responsibility and stress (which he relieved with the odd game of golf as we all now know, big shock there) . ........... It is impossible not to find that comical. Ah we may as well laugh at it, all we can do at this point.

So Cowen has passed the point of of seriousness and has plunged head first into comedy (Micheal McIntyre watch your back), and I have passed the point of redemption. Overall a successful Sunday.

Thanks to Eoin Kelleher for the brilliant drawing.

0 comments: