New Year, Maybe Not So New Me

oh we always have good new years resolutions dont we, but lets be honest, we dont exactly keep them.

I decided to be realistic this year, and not say ridiculous things such as "I will not spend ridiculous amounts in Penneys (primark to you British dudes) on endless amounts of t-shirts and little black dresses" and "I will study more and become English Literary genius". Instead I made one semi realistic resolution, and I have decided as I am turning 20 soon, it is time to shed the teenage bum living off mum look, and become domestic goddess (bridget jones eat your heart out!). I am going to lean how to cook!!

Now Im not talking potatoes and veg in a steamer, Im not completely useless. For example, my first attempt is taking place this day next week (had to work around Dad's work schedule and my exam schedule). I plan on cooking breaded chicken fillets in lime sauce, with ginger stir fried mixed veg, and basic mashed potatoes (but of course will make them look fancy). Really looking forward to it actually, will take pics and post them up and let you know how it goes.

I understand it has been a long time since i wrote last, twas christmas day as far as I remember. Since then I have done a good bit of partying (probably a bit too much, but ah sure why not live life while I can) and worked a lot.

Oh, just on a side note, I HATE SALES!!! Bloody shop is packed constantly, and some people's attitudes are just so crap. If you enter a shop and see some poor girl running around like a lunatic trying to deal with 4 customers at one time, please dont tap your foot, huff, sigh or roll your eyes. She is trying her best, no need to be rude. Some people, and I know this is bad but its mostly the people with LOTS of money, are incredibly rude. No need for it people, no need.

So now exams start tomorrow, Irish studies (which composes of Joyce's Portrait and Yeats' Cathleen Ni Houlihan and both's relationship with the Irish Literary revival..... well I hope it does anyway..... ok keep calm Amy, calm blue ocean). Anyway thats the first one in the morning, I feel confident enough. Well confident enough to go to a friend's 21st tonight. Oooooo i do love getting all dressed up!! No drink though, im driving, plan to be home early enough, no 3am fallin in the door for me..... well not for a while anyway ;-).

0 comments: