The Sweet Taste Of Success

In my last post, I told you about my New Years Resolution of becoming domestic goddess ... well attempting to become one.... by means of acquiring a decent cooking skill. Well today was the day, and I must say it went pretty well. Now i have to admit that my lovely Mother did help with the occasional fliip of the chicken in the pan and the odd chopping of vegetables (she took the stingy onion, ah what a mother does for her child) but overall I did all the cooking myself. I didnt sat fire to anything, I didnt burn anything, and even my fussy lil sister said it tasted nice :-) To summarise, GO ME!

I made breaded chicken in Lime sauce, and stir fried ginger and garlic vegetables with noodles. Here are the links to the veg and the chicken, its lovely and pretty easy.

http://www.yogajournal.com/lifestyle/food/recipes/recipe/9082

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/chicken-breasts-with-lime-sauce/Detail.aspx

I did say that I was going to put up pics of the food I made, but in the slight busyness of cooking I sorta forgot, but I remembered before I cleared all my stuff up so I took a pic of the washing up as some proof that I actually did cook something. The only way you know if it actually was me cooking and not my mom, is that in her years of experience, she has learnt how not to use so many cooking utensils for something that should only take 2 frying pans and a pot. I am not blessed with such experience.



Also I have a lovely bit of news. We added a new member to our ever extending family last weekend. I came home from my exam on Saturday morning and Sis was all excited telling me that she had found this lovely kitten on the internet that morning. The add was on donedeal.ie and had only been posted 5 hours before. Now we had been trying with all our might and research skills to find a kitten for Mom since our lovely cat Belle died on New Years Eve, but they kept going so fast we couldnt find one.

So I rang this random number, and to make a long story short we travelled to Galway (which is a looooonnnngggg way away) to get this kitten while Mom thought we were going to the cinema. She wasnt too pleased, kept saying we should be studying and it was a waste of our time, but she was happy enough when we came home with the lil fella. She decided to name him Jasper, and he has been providing non stop entertainment since we got him. He doesnt get along as well with the others as we had hoped, as Belle and our dog Bradley loved each other, but they tolerate each other, and they getting better each day.

0 comments: